Every day when I visit Twitter there are very specific things I make certain to do while online. This is my “Networking time” the main time I spend connecting with other people, not selling just talking.
This type of activity should be a priority in whatever you do when networking using Twitter and to help you I am sharing the Daily 7 items I always recommend people try to include while networking.
- Post an update or two – let people know what is happening.
- Check @mentions and reply to some.
- Retweet 2 people in the main timeline.
- Check at least 2 lists and Reply to 2 people and retweet 2 people.
- Check searches for your key terms and Reply to 2 people.
- Using lists/searches/hashtags follow 10 more people per day.
- Check DM’s (Messages) for VIP info people may send.
Try following this list when using Twitter and you will find yourself having a few more conversations than you did before. This is how you meet and connect with people using Twitter – by talking to them and engaging.
Make certain to watch for reactions and followup and continue the conversation. If you are nervous about talking online – start out with me @timeontaskva, or other people you know to build your confidence.